What is marketing? It is a set of activities that are undertaken to promote a product or a service to its target audience and attract them to buy the same. Generally, a marketing manager is responsible for marketing a product.
A marketing manager would undertake market research, understand the trends and customer preferences, create marketing strategy and budgets, oversee the creation of marketing materials and content, and perform all other relevant tasks essential for increasing the business’s sales.
- Strategy development and planning of campaigns that can promote the business and generate genuine traffic online and offline.
- Implementation of the marketing campaigns rights from ideation to final analysis and refinement
- Creating engaging and informative content for the website, blogs, social media, and other content marketing channels that the business might leverage.
- Building sustainable relationships and partnership with other key players such as vendors, advertising agency, and creative artistes.
- Lead and train members of the marketing team
- Oversee and approve marketing materials.
- Email weekly and daily reports
The marketing manager would also need to be well versed with different types of organic as well as paid marketing channels such as content marketing, PPC advertising, Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing, Outdoor Marketing, Social Media Advertising, email campaigns, lead generation initiatives, website design and landing page enhancement, copywriting, and comprehensive performance analytics of the marketing campaigns.
The marketing manager’s responsibilities might also include planning and organizing events and conferences etc. A marketing manager’s responsibilities don’t end with just planning, running, and managing campaigns, but the person would also need to evaluate the performance of each campaign and prepare annual reports and budgets for the next year.
- Demonstrable experience in marketing together with the potential and attitude required to learn.
- Proven experience in identifying target audiences and in creatively devising and leading across channels marketing campaigns that engage, educate, and motivate.
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Net Insight, Omniture, Web Trends)
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google AdWords campaigns.
- Numerically literate, comfortable working with numbers, making sense of metrics and processing figures with spreadsheets.
- A sense of aesthetics and a love for great copy and witty communication
- Up to date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement.